- 1 packet Moir’s Cream Crackers
- 115g butter or margarine, melted
- Hulamin pie dish
Process the Cream Crackers and butter together in a food processor and press down hard into a Hulamin pie dish.
- 250g tub smooth cottage cheese
- 20ml Moir’s Instant Custard Powder
- 50ml boiling water
- 125ml castor sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs, separated
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 75g Moir’s Maraschino Cherries
- Icing sugar for dusting
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Whisk the Moir’s Instant Custard powder and the boiling water to thick custard. Allow to cool. Mix the cottage cheese and castor sugar in a bowl. Add the yolks and grated lemon zest and stir together lightly. Whisk the egg whites in another bowl until it forms stiff peaks and then fold carefully into the cottage cheese mixture. Fill the tart crust with the cottage cheese filling, sprinkle with Moir’s Maraschino cherries and drip with prepared Moir’s Instant Custard.
Bake for 10 minutes. Turn down heat to 150°C and bake for a further 35 minutes. Tart is done when a knife comes out clean. Allow the tart to cool and then dust with icing sugar before serving.