- Related news: Vacancies
Hulamin has an organizational culture that places great value on its shareholders, employees, communities, and key stakeholders with a clear understanding of the close connection between the value created for the health of these key stakeholders to that of the business. As such, Hulamin has committed to contributing to a new, sustainable economic order of South Africa that reflects the demographic reality of our country that addresses poverty, inequality, social injustice, and racism, and promotes broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE).
An exciting career opportunity exists for an accomplished Technical Trainer: Manufacturing based at the Hulamin Rolled Products in Pietermaritzburg.
The core responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop and maintain the assessment criteria for artisans, maintenance related operators and process operatorsand participate in panels for skills assessments of artisans and operators.
- Knowledge of grading system/s in the manufacturing environment an added advantage
- Manage the end-to-end process of apprenticeship program, which includes business needs analysis, recruitment,SETA registration, training, Trade Test preparation and assessment.
- Provide input for the placement process of apprentices once qualified.
- Manage and control First Line maintenance training.
- Provide inputs to the company training needs analysis, training plan, training budget and training reporting.
- Collate information from the training process and provide input to the continuous improvement framework of the company.
- Assist the training team in managing the use and replenishment of consumables, training material, tools, and equipment.
- Maintain the accreditation status of the company as an accredited training provider.
- Provide monthly and quarterly training reports.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the technical training plan and calendar.
- Work together with the training team to ensure that internal training facilities are maintained in good standard.
- Mange the database and quality assurance of external service provider in line with internal training and procurement standards
- Ensure that the general training logistics are carried out timeously in preparation for training intervention.
- Knowledge and ability to work with a training booking system or learning management system (LMS) an added advantage.
The requirements for the position include:
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (NQF level 6 equivalent)
- Millwright Trade Test Certificate
- Assessor, Moderator and SDF Certificate
- ODETDP Certificate at NQF level 5
- Ability to work in a manufacturing team environment and interface with at different levels with different departments.
- Preparedness to work shifts and overtime as and when required.
- Mechanical aptitude
- 3-5 years’ experience as a technical trainer in manufacturing or similar environment
- Knowledge of and experience in working MerSETA and coordinating apprenticeship program
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity by emailing their CV to HRRecruitment4@hulamin.co.za
Candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume that their applications were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 18 April 2023