- Related news: Vacancies
Hulamin has an organizational culture that places great value on its shareholders, employees, communities, and key stakeholders with a clear understanding of the close connection between the value created for the health of these key
stakeholders to that of the business. As such, Hulamin has committed to contributing to a new, sustainable economic order of South Africa that reflects the demographic reality of our country that addresses poverty, inequality, social injustice, and racism, and promotes broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE).
An exciting career opportunity exists for an accomplished Technical Services Manager based at the Hulamin Rolled Products in Pietermaritzburg.
The core responsibilities of the position include:
- Line management for the Chemical, Metallurgical and Physical Testing Laboratories:
- Safety, Health, and Environment
- Talent and Performance management
- Team development
- Recruitment activities
- Financial budget setting and management
- Lab organisational structure and resourcing
- Review technical laboratory reports (this includes confirming the validity and quality of results, and coaching for
- improvement where gaps are identified)
- Guide the development and review of systems for the management of compliance (compliance requirements
- include equipment and instrument calibrations)
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Research and implement systemic enhancements that enable step change improvements to lab processes.
- Budget and Manage Capex for all three labs.
- Support root cause analysis activities that result in improved business processes
- Support research and development activities
- Providing technical support services to product management teams
- Identify equipment and facilities required to meet future needs of the Chemical and Metallurgical Labs
The requirements for the position include:
- BSc/BEng/B-Tech Engineering or Equivalent. Metallurgy or Analytical/Organic Chemistry qualification preferred.
- At least 15 years’ experience in a process manufacturing environment, with 6 years management experience as a lab
- At least 10 years’ experience with Metallurgical, Chemical and/or physical testing lab equipment, standards, and
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to use tools such as Minitab, SPC and structured problem-solving tools (e.g.,
- G8D, DMAIC, Fault Tree etc.)
- Excellent people skills, and ability to interact with a diverse, multi-skilled team.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity by submitting their CV HRRecruitment4@hulamin.co.za
Closing Date: Wednesday, 22 March 2023
“Candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume that their
applications were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying."