- Related news: Vacancies
Hulamin has an organizational culture that places great value on its shareholders, employees, communities, and key stakeholders with a clear understanding of the close connection between the value created for the health of these key stakeholders to that of the business. As such, Hulamin has committed to contributing to a new, sustainable economic order of South Africa that reflects the demographic reality of our country that addresses poverty, inequality, social injustice, and racism, and promotes broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE).
An exciting career opportunity exists for an accomplished Production Manager based at the Hulamin Containers in Pietermaritzburg.
The core responsibilities for the position include:
- Identifying key metrics around targets per product, recoveries and throughput which are aligned
- to business objectives and will drive production performance at the right level
- Reviewing efficiencies and continually identify ways of minimizing manufacturing costs through
- more effective utilization of people, equipment, production processes and materials
- Analyzing customer demand, sales forecasts, and historical material consumption, and use
- experience and judgement to develop build to store and build to forecast plans
- Facilitating the review of the previous day’s performance, in collaboration with planning, logistics
- and SHEQ
- Coaching team, monitoring and reviewing time and attendance exceptions, leave, overtime etc.
- Collaborating with Engineering, Quality and Logistics to achieve cost reduction targets
- Liaising with SHEQ Supervisor to review complaint investigations and actions, and sign off action
- plans before Operations Manager approval
- Liaising with Sales to explore ways to engage with customers to sell redundant stock
- Ensuring alignment with manpower planning and employment equity requirements
- Ensuring the shopfloor has the capability and competence to achieve production requirements
- Applying the disciplinary process through to prosecuting and chairing enquiries
The core competencies for the position include:
- B Tech/Degree in Industrial Engineering or similar
- Strong technical and engineering background and must have demonstrated leadership potential,
- including developing people, setting and implementing medium to long term strategic plans.
- Display a practical hands-on approach with the ability to problem-solve and take corrective action.
- Understanding of Continuous improvement and IMA principles with passion to entrench them.
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities including developing people, setting and implementing
- medium to long term strategic plans.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity by submitting their CV HRRecruitment2@hulamin.co.za
Candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume
that their applications were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 22 March 2023