- Related news: Vacancies
Hulamin has an organizational culture that places great value on its shareholders, employees, communities, and key stakeholders with a clear understanding of the close connection between the value created for the health of these key stakeholders to that of the business. As such, Hulamin has committed to contributing to a new, sustainable economic order of South Africa that reflects the demographic reality of our country that addresses poverty, inequality, social injustice, and racism, and promotes broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE).
An exciting career opportunity exists for an accomplished Process Technician based at the Hulamin Rolled Products in
The core responsibilities of the position include:
- Implementation, monitoring and improvement of the IMA Process Control Pillar.
- Conduct safety planned job observations and drive the focus of safety through the IMA VM.
- Leading the technical process to define and ensure adequate control of cut to lengths, leveling, heat treatment, stretching, annealing, and packing operations.
- Assuming responsibility for the process and product performance within the entire department.
- Develop SOP and train relevant resources within the department.
- Facilitate the implementation of IATF standards within the relevant areas of the department.
- Contribute to the setting up and generation of the process control tools (FMEA’s, Control plans, SPC charts and VPA).
- Support technical team with new product trials.
- Improve Process capability to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Initiate improvement projects as a result of process monitoring analysis and problem solving.
- Support the production team to ensure that production targets are achieved on time.
- Participate in regular meetings with internal and external suppliers.
- Conduct internal and external audits on quality systems (ISO, IATF, etc.).
- Facilitate problem solving around process challenges (L1 & L2).
- Continuously measure, monitor, and reduce the variability spread of critical variables (CIV’s, COV’s and PCV’s).
Required competencies and abilities:
- Minimum requirement is a National Diploma in Engineering.
- B-tech or Degree in Engineering will be an advantage.
- General understanding of the core processes in Plate Plant.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles.
- Be willing to work shifts when necessary.
- Equipment capability and maintenance knowledge and experience.
- Excellent computer, report writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in ISO Quality Systems.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Excellent people and leadership skills.
- Ability to initiate strategies to improve area’s key process related KPI’s.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity by submitting their CV HRRecruitment1@hulamin.co.za
Closing Date: Monday, 20 March 2023
“Candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume that their applications were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying."