- Related news: Vacancies
Hulamin has an organizational culture that places great value on its shareholders, employees, communities, and key stakeholders with a clear understanding of the close connection between the value created for the health of
these key stakeholders to that of the business. As such, Hulamin has committed to contributing to a new, sustainable economic order of South Africa that reflects the demographic reality of our country that addresses poverty, inequality, social injustice, and racism, and promotes broad-based black economic empowerment (BBBEE).
An exciting career opportunity exists for an accomplished CORPORATE SOCIAL INVESTMENT MANAGER based at the Hulamin in Pietermaritzburg. The purpose of the role is to manage the Corporate Social Investment programme in support of strategic priority areas, through effective selection, implementation and funding of projects which benefit the surrounding communities and promote the Hulamin brand.
CSI strategy, policy and budget:
- Developing and reviewing the CSI strategy.
- Developing the policy and procedures to support implementation.
- Allocating the budget according to the strategic focus areas.
Evaluation and selection of projects:
- Identifying CSI opportunities and respond to requests.
- Convening the CSI Committee review meeting (quarterly).
- Engaging with the beneficiaries to agree roles and contracts.
Programme management and governance:
- On-board partners and project contributors.
- Visiting projects regularly to review progress.
- Providing support and guidance to projects.
- Working with the Corporate Affairs team to create awareness of projects.
- Controlling budget and account for all expenditure.
CSI reporting and impact assessment:
- Developing monthly EXCO report.
- Developing the quarterly report for the Social Ethics and Sustainability Sub-Committee.
- Compiling the annual Board report.
- Providing CSI input to the socio-economic assessment.
Stakeholder partnerships and relationships
- Engaging with internal stakeholders.
- Identifying and build relationships with potential partners.
- People engagement, management and development
- Organisational structures and resourcing.
- Talent and performance management.
- Employee relations and engagement.
Safety, health and environment
Qualification and Experience:
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years’ management experience in a similar field, with exposure to brand positioning and community development
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity by submitting their CV HRRecruitment2@hulamin.co.za
Closing Date: Tuesday, 21 March 2023
“Candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume that their applications were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying."