- Related news: Vacancies
Hulamin has an organizational culture that places great value on its shareholders, employees, communities, and key stakeholders with a clear understanding of the close connection between the value created for the health of these key stakeholders to that of the business. As such, Hulamin has committed to contributing to a new, sustainable economic order of South Africa that reflects the demographic reality of our country that addresses poverty, inequality, social injustice, and racism, and promotes broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE).
An exciting career opportunity exists for an accomplished Technical Support Representative: Automative based at the Hulamin Rolled Products in Pietermaritzburg.
The core responsibilities of the position include:
Standardizing, improving and sustaining the overall performance of Automotive products at our customer plants by
providing technical specialist input at customers and Hulamin plant through the following key tasks:
- Coordinating, through a structured APQP approach, internal product trials and lead all external product qualification programs at customer works.
- Evaluating trial results and provide structured feedback upon product performance.
- Understanding all local customer expectations and needs concerning trials, logistics, packaging and product performance.
- Providing input into developing / optimizing our processes and product specifications / practices to suit customer specific requirements.
- Driving actions back into the marketing and manufacturing operations thus ensuring product critical output variables exceed the expectations of customers.
- Providing input to the Automotive quality assurance programmes.
- Compiling and analyzing local customer canstock product performance statistics.
- Attending quarterly customer supplier meetings.
- Communicating important customer matters throughout the Can Stock business and coordinate actions to address customer dissatisfies.
The core requirements of this position include:
- An appropriate Engineering (B-tech/equivalent) qualification or good progress towards achieving such.
- Approximately 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Professional communication and people skills at all organizational levels, demonstrating an ability to develop and grow good customer and internal relationships.
- A marketing qualification will be advantageous.
- A passion for new business development and customer interface
- A result-oriented problem solver, with proven numeracy and computer literacy
- Aluminium sales experience will be an added advantage.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity by emailing their CV to HRRecruitment2@hulamin.co.za
Candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume that their applications were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying.
Closing date: Thursday, 14 April 2023