- Related news: Vacancies
Hulamin has an organizational culture that places great value on its shareholders, employees, communities, and key stakeholders with a clear understanding of the close connection between the value created for the health of these key stakeholders to that of the business. As such, Hulamin has committed to contributing to a new, sustainable economic order of South Africa that reflects the demographic reality of our country that addresses poverty, inequality, social injustice, and racism, and promotes broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE).
An exciting career opportunity exists for an accomplished Millwright based at the Hulamin Rolled Products in Pietermaritzburg.
The core responsibilities of the position include:
- Attending to breakdowns: Electrical, Mechanical and Instrumentation
- Working on various machine centres including Foil Rolling Mills, Foil Separators, Annealing Furnaces, Ball Mills, Oil Reclamation Plants and Overhead Gantry Cranes.
- Assuming a leadership role whilst on shift.
- Fault finding in various fields including –Electrical, Mechanical Fitting, PLC's, Variable Speed Drives, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Implementing cost effective maintenance strategies.
- Be able to problem solve using various problem solving tools
- Working as a member of the team ensuring overall plant objectives are achieved in terms of production, safety, quality and plant reliability.
The requirements of the position may include:
- Successfully trade-tested in a recognised institution
- Have a minimum of 3 years post apprenticeship experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Possession of a Wireman’s license would be advantageous.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematic drawings
- Competent with Isolation and Lock-out procedures
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous working experience in Siemens PLCs, Siemens AC and DC drives would be advantageous.
- Ability to work on Overhead cranes, electro-pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, basic instrumentation and basic auto electrical equipment.
- Familiar with Maximo or similar CMM systems
- Ability to interface with people of diverse professions within the organization
- A strong ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Actively participate in reliability and problem solving forums
- Preparedness to work shifts, overtime and standby.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity by submitting their CV to HRRecruitment3@hulamin.co.za
Closing Date: Friday, 07 April 2023
“Candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume that their
applications were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying."