- Related news: Vacancies
Hulamin has an organizational culture that places great value on its shareholders, employees, communities, and key stakeholders with a clear understanding of the close connection between the value created for the health of these key stakeholders to that of the business. As such, Hulamin has committed to contributing to a new, sustainable economic order of South Africa that reflects the demographic reality of our country that addresses poverty, inequality, social injustice, and racism, and promotes broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE).
An exciting career opportunity exists for an accomplished Boilermaker based at the Hulamin Rolled Products in Pietermaritzburg.
The core responsibilities of the position include:
- Extensive welding and fabrication work, including modifications requiring the basic skills of a fitter, often within close tolerances.
- Manufacture and repair of furnace tools
- Attend to breakdowns and inspections.
- Extensive work during shutdowns and planned maintenance.
- Ensuring good SHE practices and housekeeping.
The requirements for the position include:
- N4 Technical qualification,
- A recognised apprenticeship and trade test
- 5 years post apprenticeship experience in large fabrication workshops/project sites
- Proficiency in general and specialised welding such as, vertical and horizontal, low hydrogen, intergas (argon), CO2 and stainless steel
- The ability to work independently and prepare metal requirements.
- Working knowledge of inspection techniques
- The ability to carry out lancing and fitting work.
- The ability to interface with all members of a manufacturing team.
- Apply mechanical discipline with regard to Engineering and Operations requirements.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications
- Preparedness to work stand-by and overtime.
- Self-confidence with excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to challenges is essential for this position.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity by submitting their CV to HRRecruitment3@hulamin.co.za
Closing Date: Friday, 07 April 2023
“Candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume that their applications were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying."